Sunday 22 March 2020

Fitness Test and Measure


Test for Aerobic Capacity

     I chose to use Aerobic Capacity because it measures the ability of the cardiovascular system to provide oxygen to the muscles at work and the ability of those muscles to extract oxygen to generate energy. The greater the aerobic capacity the stronger the body's resistance to fatigue.




For the Test I'll be using Queens College Test








The step test was performed on March 22, 2020 in my house. I used our stairs outside.
I had no difficulty in performing the test and it had little or no effect on my stamina



How the test is performed


  • The test usually takes 10-20 mins
  • Wear comfortable clothes
  • Don't drink alcohol a few hours before the test
  • Don't exercise before the test




VO2max

VO2 max, also known as maximal oxygen uptake, is the measurement of the maximum amount of oxygen a person can utilize during intense exercise. 





Gastrocnemius Flexion





I chose this test for testing since it is very convenient for me. Since I am an athlete I had no problem performing the test. I usually perform this during my warm ups before practice.



Test for Flexibility




In this test, I used the sit and reach test to determine if my leg and back muscles are flexible. It was easy for me to reach my toes but I felt a mild pain originating in my hamstring muscles probably due to lack of stretching exercises since I was not able to play sports for the post few weeks because of the lockdown.



U-week participation:
Badminton Mixed doubles
Cheers and yells Participant ( I also attended the practices)
Helped with the props for spoof

No comments:

Post a Comment